This quick and easy lip balm recipe with have you smiling in no time!
Create your own all natural, bee-free lip balms so that you will never need to be seen with less than kissably-soft, smooth lips.
(But if you're a beekeeper, or just a big fan of beeswax, it can easily be substituted in!)
Step 1: Materials
- 1oz hard wax (candelilla, soy, etc)
- 1 oz solid-at-room-temperature oil (coconut oil, avocado oil, mango butter, or shea butter)
- .75 additional hard-at-room-temperature oil (cocoa butter, floral waxes, or palm oil)
- 2 oz liquid oil (jojoba oil or olive oil) (not shown)
- few drops of Vitamin E Oil (Tocopherol)
- Essential oils (optional, your choice) - maximum 8 drops for each lip balm
- Microwave-safe cup or bowl with pour spout
- Digital scale sensitive to at least .1 oz (a postage scale will usually work for this)
- Stirring spoon
- Funnel that will fit opening of tubes/canisters
- Lip balm tubes/canisters