Introduction: Vegan Mayonnaise
Well this is super simple and easy Mayonnaise recipe. For making this Mayonnaise I'm referring to my own recipe https://www.instructables.com/id/Vegan-Whipped-Cream/ . This recipe uses Aquafaba, which is basically Chickpea water. You can refer above recipe to know how to make Aquafaba by your own.
Step 1: Ingredients
1) Auqafaba 3 T
2) Mustard 1/2 t (ground or sauce)
3) Garlic Powder 1/2 t
4) Salt 1/2 t (if Aquafaba itself has salt then 1/4 t)
5) Lemon Juice / White Vinegar 1 T
6) Ground Pepper 1/2 t
7) Powdered Sugar 1 T
8) Olive Oil 1 C
T : Table Spoon
t : Tea Spoon
C : Cup
Step 2: Whip It
- So to start with I used a glass jar in which I was supposed to store the Mayo. So no need to transfer it once it is made. I used an electric hand blender with whip attachment. The blender I have takes in 2 whip blades, but I just used one so that I can directly make the mayo in the jar. The Auqafaba I used, was the one remaining and stored in deep freezer from my previous recipe .
- Firstly add all ingredients except olive oil in the jar, and mix it with blender for few seconds.
- Then while the blender on medium, start dripping the olive oil very slowly.
- Keep whipping for 5-10 mins. It will get thicker.
- Your done, super simple, isn't it.
- You can store it in refrigerator for around 2 weeks. In refrigerator it will get more thick, so if by whipping you are not getting the desired consistency, then keep your mayo in fridge and all will be fine.
Note: If you want to make eggless mayo, just replace auqafaba with equal amount of milk powder and little bit of water.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.