Step 1: Ingredients
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock or water
- 2 Tablespoons raw cashew butter
- 5 large cloves raw garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon (+/- to taste) kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- 12 macadamia nuts
- Optional: 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil & 6 leaves fresh basil, finely sliced into ribbons (chiffonade)
large saucepan, food processor, spatula, serving bowl
Step 2: Wilt Spinach & Process Until Smooth
Once the spinach is wilted, remove from heat and place into the food processor. Add the cashew butter and garlic to the spinach. Process until smooth.
Step 3: Season
Step 4: Garnish
If using the optional garnish, top with olive oil and basil just before serving. I like to serve this with warm artisan bread and sliced tomatoes but it is just as delicious alongside raw vegetables like cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, and sweet peppers!