1. Basic knowledge of sewing + a sewing machine/black thread. You could
sew this by hand, but it'll take forever...
2. Old black jeans you don't want anymore, or a scrap of similar fabric
3. A few inches of black Velcro
4. Your choice of pronged studs, be they pointy or rhinestoned. I got mine cheap(about $3 for a bag of 100) from Spikes and Leather
. You'll definitely have extras. It's okay. You'll put them all over everything, trust me.
5. Needle-nosed pliers(or any pliers, 'cause I couldn't find them when I made this a second time), or especially tough fingernails, if you're really
punk rock and you're not against bleeding all over it. No really, just use pliers...