Introduction: Vegetable Bread Cases
A simple vegetarian bread case recipe, which can be substituted with any ingredients and seasoning!
Step 1: Ingredients (Can Make 12 Cases)
1. 2 medium sized potatoes
2. 2 x zucchini
3. 1 x carrot
4. 1 can chickpeas
5. 1 green chilli
6. 1 Tablespoon Green chilli sauce
7. 2 Tablespoon lemon juice
8. 1 Tablespoon Sweet chilli sauce
9. 1 Teaspoon Oregano
10. 1 Teaspoon Parsley
11. 1 Teaspoon Basil
12. Wholemeal bread packet
13. 1 cup Shredded cheddar cheese
14. Cooking oil spray
Step 2: Making the Vegetable Stuffing
- Boil the carrot, zucchini and potato in a pressure cooker for ~15 mins (can substitute any other vegetable of preference)
- Mash the boiled vegetables
- Add a can of chickpeas to the mashed vegetables (chopped onion can also be added)
- Season the vegetable mix with chopped green chillies, 2 tablespoon lemon juice, salt, 1 teaspoon of oregano, parsley and basil
- Add 1 tablespoon of green chilli sauce and sweet chilli sauce
- Mix well and set the vegetable mix aside
Step 3: Preparing the Bread
Step 4: Preparing the Bread Cases
1. Place the rolled out bread in an inset
2. Fill the bread with the vegetable mixture and top it with shredded cheddar cheese (or any cheese of preference)
3. Bake in an oven set at 175 degrees for 20 mins or until golden brown
4. Remove the bread cases from the oven and let cool for 3mins before removing from the baking paper
5. Serve with any dipping sauce and enjoy!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.