The pictures are arranged in chronological order, so you can visually follow the recipe.
- Make your own bacon from a special breed of hog (if you haven't figured it out, the objective of this recipe is to cover vegetables with fat, so you want the best fat you can get).
- Cook a few pieces of bacon, removing them once cooked.
- Add chopped carrots and some salt to the hot fat. The salt is to help draw water out of the carrots; more salt is added to taste when finishing the recipe.
- When the smallest of the carrots start to brown, add chopped onion.
- When the onion starts to go translucent, add chopped celery and chopped zuchini.
- Contine cooking briefly until the smallest pieces of celery and zuchini start to soften, but before the big pieces loose their crunch.
- Salt and pepper to taste, and serve.