Introduction: Vegetarian Egg Drop Soup
Egg drop soup is delicious and can be made easily at home. This version is vegetarian, but it can be made using chicken stock if you're into that kind of thing.
Step 1: You'll Need. . .
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 green onions, sliced thin (more can be used if desired)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sauce pot
Step 2: Getting Egged
- Heat all but 1/2 of the stock in the sauce pot with ginger until boiling
- Combine whole egg and egg yolk
- Slowly drizzle the egg into the heated stock
- Mix the remaining 1/2 cup of stock with the cornstarch and stir until smooth
- Lower the heat and add the cornstarch mixture into the sauce pot
- Cook until thickened, stirring constantly
- Add sliced green onions
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.