Pot Sticker Recipe (for approx. 20 dumplings)
Filling (takes 6 hours prep time)
1 Quorn brand Chik'N Cutlet, finely chopped
(you can substitute 1 cup tofu or tempeh, just make sure to squeeze out excess water)
1 cup mung beans, finely chopped
(I used this in place of cabbage since I don't care for it, you can sub that or blanched bok choy)
2 green onions, finely chopped
1 TB ginger (finely chopped fresh, ground or ginger paste)
2 TB water chestnuts, finely chopped
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp white sugar
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp minced garlic
3/4 cup vegetable broth
vegetable or peanut oil
2 TB soy sauce
1 TB rice wine vinegar
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp minced green onion (scallion)
You may need to adjust the amounts for the dipping sauce depending on your taste.
Step 1: Making the Filling
2. Cover the bowl or transfer to a plastic bag and chill in the fridge for six hours.
3. Just a handy kitchen tip: you can easily regrow green onions by placing the white bulbs in water. I use an elastic to hold them together and leave them on a sunny window sill. Change the water every few days. They regrow pretty fast, so you can always have green onion at your disposal!
Step 2: Finishing and Frying
2. Heat a few TB of oil in a heavy, deep pan over medium high heat. Fry the dumplings with the seam side up for about 1 minute. Very carefully pour the vegetable stock into the pan. I recommend holding a lid over the pan as you pour to avoid splatter. Cover the pan and allow the dumplings to boil in the stock for 7-8 minutes or until the stock has been absorbed.
4. Carefully flip the dumplings over to brown slightly on the sides.
3. Combine the ingredients for the dipping sauce in a small bowl, stir well and serve with the pot stickers!