Gardening is fun but when living in a city, space is an issue. This instructable will show one way to make best use of the space you do have in a city: vertical space. And by using vertical space I don't mean using climbing plants, I mean building an actual vertical garden in wich you can grow plants.
Step 1: What do you need?
- Some sort of iron frame or garden rack, size depending on the space available
* 4 - 6 pieces of approximately 10 x 5 x 5 cm to hold the garden rack from the wall
* Planks of slats to line the frame
- A sheet of plastic
- Jute cloth to hold the earth. This should be the size of the garden rack, plus an extra 20 cm on the long sides
- Paint, or something else to protect the wood against the weather
- Screws, dowels and some cramp-irons and small connection strips or corners