Step 1: What do you need?
- Some sort of iron frame or garden rack, size depending on the space available
* 4 - 6 pieces of approximately 10 x 5 x 5 cm to hold the garden rack from the wall
* Planks of slats to line the frame
- A sheet of plastic
- Jute cloth to hold the earth. This should be the size of the garden rack, plus an extra 20 cm on the long sides
- Paint, or something else to protect the wood against the weather
- Screws, dowels and some cramp-irons and small connection strips or corners
Step 2: Preparing the wood
The planks will be used to line the frame and make it more solid so it will later hold the weight of the earth back. Saw the planks at the right size to fit the frame. In the end you will get three pieces: a short one for the top of the frame, and two long ones for the sides.
The blocks (approximately 10 x 5 x 5 cm) will be used to attach the frame to the wall. Because you will use the long sides for this, get long nails (around 15 cm). Drill a hole through the wood using a drill with a diameter slightly smaller than the screw, then put the screw through.