Cold winter weather calls for some very warm accessories. Last year I made a neck warmer out of two layers of thick, warm fleece. Even though I have a variety of store-bought scarves - that one always keeps me the warmest! So, I decided it was time to modify that idea (as it was too plain) into something cuter - a big bow neck warmer!
This is pretty easy to make and doesn't require a lot of time or material! I think it's a great gift for a little girl or older ones as well! This fits adults and children and the bow is very large - about 8-9 inches long!
Step 1: Materials for Big Bow Neck Warmer
- about 1/4 yard of fleece material
- about 1/8 yard of a contrasting fleece or snuggle material for the inside
- sewing machine
- scissors, pins & measuring tape
- either elastic & a button or Velcro (Velcro worked best for me)
- hand-sewing needle & thread
- small amount of embroidery thread (to tie around bow) - or whatever you have on hand (I used braiding cord)