Introduction: Very Simple IronMan Arc Reactor and Helmet
Now days, it is easy to buy things in India, like I can get IronMan Mask easily in toy shop.. But arc reactor is still not available.
I did read a lot of intructables for it, but could not get silicon molds and resin casting kit around.
The one I am sharing in this intructable is simple and components can be easily found or bought, I am using a semi transparent cap from wife's night cream. It makes things very easy
Step 1: What Do We Need ?
- 01 : Semi transparent cap ( Diameter : 3 inches ), wait for wife to finish though-es expensive night creams
- 04 : 3mm Blue diffused Leds
- 01 : 3v Volt coin battery
- 01 : Battery holder
- 1 to 2 Mtr : Brown wire; I extracted it from Cat5e cable ( brown pair )
- Double side Tape
- Universal PCB
- 01 : On / off switch
- Black Chart Paper
- Big piece of card board / carton box
- Paper tape
- Paster of paris
- Acyrlic paint ( Red and Golden)
- Soldering Iron
- Paint brush
Step 2: Arc Reactor : Prepare Outer Shell
- Use a metallic pin or paper clip
- heat it on a candle flame
- and make holes on the plastic cap as shown
- Using brown wire( insulated), wind around each hole
Some of the instruction available, uses PVC sheet and lazer cutter, to build circuit like design inside the arc reactor.
Where do I get the lazer cutter ? I do not have one and not cheap to buy one.
Easy solution, I used black chart paper ( Thicker than normal paper). Simply by cutting and pasting on the cap
Step 3: Arc Reactor : Build It
- Fix a On/off switch on the cap as shown
- Solder 2 wires
- now solder 4 leds, battery holder
- The leds are in parallel
- Solder the PCB on to the Switch as shown
- Cover the back using PVC sheet and use tape to keep it in place
Since the battery is just 3V, I have not used any resister
Step 4: Helmet
- Print the attached
- Paste the prints on a cardboard and cut them out
- Use paper tape to make joins as shown
- Before we paint the helmet, we will coat the helmet by paste of plaster of paris and White Glue
- Let is dry for 24 hours
- use a sand paper to smooth the surface
- Paint the helmet with Red and golden color
I use white glue in the paint as it gives a little glossy finish.
Step 5: Show Off
Take a selfie and update facebook ;)
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.