This recipe will show you how you can make your own delicious, authentic, homemade Vietnamese Egg Rolls. You will be amazed at how tasty they are, and everyone will want to know your secret! You may never settle for take-out again.
Disclaimer: This recipe uses hot cooking oil that contains peanuts. Closely supervise at all times to maintain proper temperature and level of oil in pot. Use extreme care to prevent splashing of oil, or tipping of pot. Keep children and pets at a safe distance. Always adhere to following safe practices when handling any food or surfaces that come in contact with food. See FDA site: http://www.fda.gov/Food/ResourcesForYou/Consumers/ucm255180.htm Author of this Instructable is not responsible for accidents/injuries incurred during creation of this recipe.
Step 1: List of Materials/Ingredients
• 2 pkg. of Spring Roll Shells (25/pkg.) –available from any Asian Store (see close-up picture)
• 1 pkg. vermicelli noodles -available from any Asian Store (see close-up picture)
• 2 lbs. ground pork
• 8 cups shredded cabbage
• 3 cups shredded carrots
• 2 cups minced onion
• 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
• 3 eggs
• 1 egg yolk
• 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• Cutting board or large plate to roll shells
• Any type of tongs or chopsticks
• Large bowl
• 3 qt. pot or deep fryer
• Peanut oil- enough to fill 1/3 depth of pot or deep fryer. Can also use corn or vegetable oil.
• Table spoon
• Plate lined with papertowels
• Scissors or knife to cut noodles
• Kettle or pot to boil water for noodles
*This recipe will yield 50 egg rolls. Adjust the ingredients accordingly for less, but be advised...you will wish you made more!
*You can prepare this recipe ahead of time and freeze the egg rolls for up to 1 month prior to cooking. Do not thaw first. Add directly to hot oil.