Introduction: Rice Noodle Salad With Red Curry Chicken and Avocado
I love a cold noodle salad in summer, particularly a sweet and sour one. Broiled chicken in red curry marinade brings out the pop of chile in the sweet-and-spicy dressing. Avocado slices, plum sauce, and a heap of julienned vegetables round out the dish.
Rice Noodle Salad with Red Curry Chicken and Avocado
4 oz dry wide, flat rice noodles
1 large chicken breast
2 T red curry paste (I like Mae Ploy)
1/2 green pepper
1/2 red onion
3" stalk of lemongrass
1/2 c. olive oil
1/2 t raw ginger
2 t chile sauce (red chile flakes in hot oil, or sriracha)
2 t plum suace
1 garlic clove, shaved
1/4 cup cilantro, minced
1. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the noodles, cook until al dente, and drain. Rinse and cool.
2. While the noodles cook, dry-grill or bake the chicken, with just a little bit of salt.
3. Cut the chicken into strip, toss with 2 tablespoons of red curry paste and 1/2 cup of water, and cook under the broiler on high in a shallow pan for 10 minutes. Allow to cool.
4. Julienne the peppers and carrots. Thinly slice the red onion, mushrooms, and avocado.
5. Thinly slice the lemongrass and ginger. Add to a food processor along with the olive oil. Pulse and strain into a bowl.
6. Using a vegetable peeler, shave the garlic into the bowl with the infused oil. Add the chile and plum sauce and whisk.
7 Mince the cilantro and hold on the side.Toss the noodles with the dressing. Add the vegetables, and toss again.
8. Dish the salad, and layer with chicken and cilantro for garnish. Serve cold, with lime if desired.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.