I was looking for something interesting to make for my better half as a Christmas present and I stumbled across this very old method of wire weaving:
A quick search gave many tutorials, the following was great:
It would make an excellent valentines gift!
Step 1: Tools and materials
- Something tubular and sturdy to weave around.
- I used a 10mm drill bit.
- This is a board with sequentially smaller holes drilled through.
- I used 11mm-7mm holes in a pine off cut.
- Flicking around the pointy end of a length of wire will end in tears (or ocular tears).
- The weave in the front picture uses 20Ga.
- For a first go try copper wire as it's often inexpensive.
- Silver and gold coated copper provide an excellent combination of looks, bendyness and price.
- Can be made with the same wire as the weave