Introduction: Vintage Marimekko Dishes
Make your own set of hard-to-find, dishwasher safe vintage Marimekko dishes with mismatched dollar store dishes! This is the kestit pattern which can be very hard to find.
Step 1: Watch the Quick Video Tutorial Here!
Step 2: Stuff You'll Need
Dollar Store Dishes
Americana Gloss Enamels
DecoArt Glass Marker
Fine hair paintbrush
Step 3: Here's How
1. Clean your dishes with rubbing alcohol
2. & 3. Use a pencil to draw your design *The originals are above to use as reference
4. Fill in the petals with yellow
5. Fill in the center with black
6. Draw around the 2nd circle with the glass marker
7. & 8. Draw dots around the 2nd circle and around the base of the petals
9. Draw lines connecting the row of dots at the base of the petals and the 2nd row of dots
10. Draw lines around the petals
11. On the mug, draw leaves with veins on the sides of the flowers
12. Follow the instructions for curing and baking on the Gloss Enamels packaging
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.