Introduction: Vintage Pulley Chandelier
My mother tongue being German, the word ‘Pulley’ did not exist in my English vocabulary until recently. Actually until we wanted to build a zipline in our backyard. Our neighbor gave me this huge old pulley to use, but at the end we settled for a smaller one. Since then I had it stored in the basement. I knew, I wanted to do something with it one day, it just didn’t know exactly what!
Step 1: You Will Need
Old Pulley or new one (can be purchased at any hardware store, I would spray paint it in a dark rusty finish)
Craft Silver Wire
2 hooks (to attach to ceiling)
Step 2: Attach Wires to Ceiling
1. Attach two long wires (mine are about 1.20 meter) to the pulley , on the opposite site of each other.
2. Measure the distance of the wires and transfer that measurement to your sealing.
3. Drill holes and screw hooks in.
4. Attach wires to the hooks to hang chandelier.
(Sorry guys for the blurry picture)
Step 3: Attach Mason Jars
5. Use more wire to attach your mason jars to the pulley.
Step 4: Attach Crystals
6. For a little bling decorate with magnetic crystals. Attach them to the pulley. You can buy them at the hardware store.
Step 5: Tealights
7. Add tea lights to jars. *You can fill the jars half way with water and add a swimming candle*
Step 6: Enjoy
Have a nice candle light dinner with friends;-)
For more DIY's check out my instructables or go to my blog Funkytime.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.