Introduction: Vinyl Discs Curtain
It's time to Reduce, Reuse and Recycle. So I decided to use some old vinyl records to assembly a curtain to my bedroom.
They are cheap to buy, easy to use and will shade your bedroom as a blackout.
In nature, they will take 500 years to decompose so, nature says thank you!
List of Materials
- Vinyl discs
- Curtain tracks
- Curtain wheels
- Thin rope
- Paper fasteners
- 2 closed eye screw hooks
Step 1: Install the Curtain Track
Measure the length you want to cover with your curtain. Buy enough curtain track to match that length. Buy curtain wheels to hold the vinyl lines. In this case, cheaper is better.
Install the curtain track.
Step 2: Assembly the Vinyl Discs in Lines
- Bind the thin rope to a curtain wheel and insert it in the curtain track
- From top-bottom, start fixing the disks to the rope using a paper fastener, wrapping around the rope, as seen on the picture. I chose this fixation method to not harm the discs.
- space the vinyl discs equally to take advantage of the maximum coverage area of each disc.
- Create as many lines you need to cover the whole area.
Step 3: Pulley System to Open and Close Your Curtain
- Fix one closed eye screw hook in the beginning of the curtain track and another one at the end.
- Pass the rope through the screw hooks and fix the two ends of the rope to the first curtain wheel
- Done! Now you can pull one side or another of the rope to open and close your new curtain.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.