This is a fun way to reuse old, scratched records and create your own unique display bowls. If you don't happen to have records already, you can usually find them for under a dollar at your local thrift store.
Time : 15-20 minutes
- Vinyl record
- Baking sheet
- Heat safe gloves or oven mitts
- Oven safe bowl, about 4-5 inches for base diameter
- Small bowl or other heat safe item of similar weight
Move a single oven rack to a low position in the oven and preheat the oven to 200-225°F
Place the bowl upside down on the baking sheet
Center the record on top of the large bowl, and weight the center with the small bowl
Place in the oven and heat it for 4-8 minutes
Keep a close watch and remove when the record drapes over the bowl
Wearing gloves, pull out the sheet and quickly mold the record into desired shape
Let it cool for 10-15 minutes
- If you're careful, you can actually mold it with your hands straight out of the oven. Just use a mitt to handle the bowls and pan.
- If you mess up, stick it back in the oven and try again. You won't do any damage reheating it.