For all you holiday music lovers* out there, here's a non-traditional Christmas tree to help you get your real tree-free winter wonderland groove on.
This is a wall mounted 'tree' made from vintage holiday LP's and a vintage inspired record player as the trunk. It's topped off with a rock 'n roll inspired marquee star that has a built in on/off timer.
There's no need to have a Blue Christmas when you can add some Joy to the World with this unique take on a holiday tree.
Let's go (go)!
Thanks to Peace Industry in San Francisco for the use of their beautiful rug for this project shoot!
- 16 holiday long playing vinyl records from thrift stores
- small, vintage inspired record player (I used a Crosley Executive Portable USB Player)
- small wall mounted marquee star
- small wooden stool (I show you how to make one in steps 4-7)
- Fun-Tak mounting putty or other picture hanging strips
- one small nail
- blue painter's tape
- sand paper
- measuring tape
- drill press or hand drill
- drill bits
- sanding block