Step 1: Materials
1) Pocket DVD-r or CD-R
2) Chalkboard Spray Paint (Major hardware store or Craft store)
3) Painters Tape
4) Vinyl Bumpers
5) Expo Marker or Something to hold the DVD or CD from the middle
6) Scotchpad or Sandpaper (320 or higher)
Step 2: Prepping
(In the end, I decide for aesthetic purposes that I would paint the whole thing and not tape the middle. In the beginning I had the idea of leaving it clear, painting the middle white, or putting a small sticker in the middle.
2) Sanding the section to be painted.
Take the Scotchpad or sandpaper and lightly sand the area in order for the paint to adhere better.
Step 3: Painting
2) The first spray should be at piece of cardboard to allow the initial buildup to disappear.
3) Grab the expo marker with the CD or DVD and lightly spray some paint.
(For best results use several light coats [3-4])
Wait about 15-20 minutes depending on the weather.
Don't forget to spray both sides!
Step 4: Finishing Touches
2) Add the vinyl bumpers at the bottom. Place 4 of them in a square pattern.
(This will protect whatever surface you place your vinyl coasters on)
3) Finally take picture and admire your work.
I hope you guys enjoy this little project of mine. Post your version of your own coaster. I would love to hear some feedback from you guys!