I found this wooden violin at a thrift store for $1.00 so I purchased it because I thought it was cute. Once I got it home I felt it needed more color. Turquoise is my favorite color so I decided to use that color on it and see how it would turn out. It looked bare so I started adding some scrapbooking flowers and butterflies I had.
Step 1: Supplies:
- Sandpaper for wood (I used what my husband gave me so I don't know what kind it was)
- Krylon - Sea Glass/Satin Cover Maxx Ultimate Coverage Spray from Walmart
- Scrapbooking Flowers - I used Prima Flowers & Recollections boutique fleur embellishment
- Scrapbooking Quotes Stickers (for the peace and heart)
- Butterfly picks
- Glue Gun
Step 2: Putting It All Together
- First I sanded the violin with sandpaper
- Next I spray paint it, I gave it 2 coats
- Once the second coat was dry I used the glue gun to apply the flowers
- I added the peace & heart stickers
- I used the glue gun to apply the butterflies
Step 3: Finished New Look
I'm very happy with the way it turned out. I think it looks fresh and colorful.
Thanks for checking it out!