Step 1: The anatomy of a robot
For the BODY
- Numerous cardboard boxes of various sizes for head, body, and feet.
- 2 or 3 rolls of aluminum foil tape used in duct installation. Like this.
- Metal dryer duct. (Size dependent on size of arms and legs of wearer)
- Black cotton gloves
- Material for antenna... we used shavings from a pipe threader
- 2 aluminum cans
- Black turtleneck shirt, or a black neck gaiter to hide the wearer's neck.
- Hot glue
- 1 - Velleman Voice Changer kit. I got mine HERE.
- 20 clear lens LEDs (color is your preference, but you'll want a clear lens to make the unlit ones more discreet)
- 1 Small speaker
Resistors of the following quantities and values:
10- 330 ohm (9 for mouth, one for eyes)
1 - 470 ohm
1 - 1K ohm
1 - 2.2K ohm
3 - 4.7K ohm
3 - 10K ohm
3 - 33k ohm
2 - 39k ohm
2 - 47k ohm
1 - 100k trim pot
- 10 NPN Transistors
- 1 PNP Transistor
- 2 - 22uF electrolytic capacitors
- 2 - 4.7uF electrolytic capacitors
- 9 - 1N4148 or similar diodes
- scrap ribbon cable and hook up wire