This tutorial will show how to build a simple voice controlled robot that's easy enough for beginners to make in just a few hours. I show how it can be done in two languages, both English and Thai.
The cost of the entire project is about ~$224, which factors in quality components and parts.
There will be three parts to this tutorial. This part will show you how to assemble the robot mechanically, the next part will show you how to program your microcontroller, and the last part will be how to configure voice recognition.
Watch the video for step-by-step instructions, and see the result at the end. If you like it, please boost my ego and rate this Instructable =)
Step 1: Parts Needed
(2) servos - I used HS-311 for ~$8.99 each
(2) servo mounts $1.95
(2) wheels - I custom made these using a CNC (although a laser cutter would be better), but you can buy some for ~$3 each
(1) 6V NiMH battery - about ~$22 for a quality battery
(1) small piece of plastic (scrap)
(16) 4-40 screws ~$2
(1) Axon II microcontroller $118
(1) VRbot Voice Recognition Module $57.95