Introduction: Voice Activated Rocket Launcher
This project combines an Emic 2 text- to- Speech module, a ultrasonic Ping))) distance sensor, the MAKE compressed air rocket launcher, and an Arduino Uno.
This project could be used for security, pranks, and many more fun things.
Step 1: Materials
- Arduino Uno R3 (x1)
- Breadboard (x1)
- Emic 2 (Rev. A) Text- to – Speech module (x1)
- PING))) Ultrasonic Distance Sensor (x1)
- Jumper Wires
- NPN transistor (MP 2222A) (x1)
- 100 Ohm resistor (x1)
- 8 AA battery holder (x1)
- AA batteries (x8)
- 9V battery clip (x1)
- Compressed Air Rocket Launcher (from Makershed) (x1)
- Bicycle pump (x1)
- Paper rocket
Step 2: Emic 2 Connections
1) Place the Emic 2 on the breadboard, and connect the anode and cathode of the 8 Ohm speaker to ( SP--) and (SP+) pins on the Emic 2.
Your connections should look something like in the picture.
Step 3: Ping))) Connections
The connections with the Emic 2 and Ping))) should look something like in the picture.
Step 4: Transistor Connections
The transistor connections (without Emic 2 and Ping))) ) should look like this picture.
Step 5: Code for Arduino
Step 6: How to Use This Device
1) Pump your launcher to the desired psi, then load the rocket
2) Equip the Arduino with power and once you walk in front of the distance sensor, it will speak the desired text before launching the rocket.
Please use this device for good, not evil if you have any questions email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for reading
Arden Diakhate- Palme