Greetings! I'm Russell Petersen. I'm an engineer, inventor, designer, fabricator, and dreamer. I'm a junior Electrical Engineer by trade, located and working in the San Francisco Bay Area.
I love playing with Solid State Lighting, and came up with this idea one night. Simply stated, It's a custom built light box with a logo adhered to the front, and lit by a RGB LED module. This project is easily adaptable to whatever image or logo you desire to create.
Difficulty: Novice (No previous DIY experience)
>>> Easy (Some fabrication and electrical experience)
Intermediate (Fabrication, electrical, and programming experience)
Hard (Much fabrication, electrical, and programming experience)
- Blink M (includes color sequencing software)
- 3 AAA battery holder & batteries
- Perf board (prototyping PCB)
- Small On/Off switch (STDP slide or rocker switch)
- 40% or 60% translucent acrylic
(depending on what look you want)
- Thin, light-weight scrap wood
- Wood dowels
- Vinyl Decal (bought or home-made)
- Spray paint (White for interior, outside color of your choice)
- 5 min. Epoxy
- Soldering Iron
- Radial Arm Saw (or table saw)
- Table Belt sander (or sanding block)
- Drill / bits
Disclaimer: 'Volcom Stone' logo is a registered trademark of Volcom, Inc. All rights and use of the logo for product distribution belong exclusively to Volcom or their respective owners. I did not create this device with the intent of selling, have not sold it, nor do I plan on mass producing this device for the market.