Sew together various soft electronic components to turn your favorite clothing item into a wearable waste of energy!
These step-by-step instructions will show you how to combine fabric buttons, fabric pressure sensors, and conductive fabric traces as well as some funny elements, all in the name of wasting energy for no particular reason.
There are 7 different components to this wearable. And below is a list of the materials and tools you will need to complete them. The following 7 steps will explain how to make each of these components. And the idea is that you come up with your own design and layout for the components, and maybe even add some new elements.
VIDEOS COMING SOON ! ! !COMPONENTS:
Step 1) Conductive fabric traces
Step 2) 9V battery, battery snaps and little pocket
Step 3) Fabric switch
Step 4) Fabric pressure sensor
Step 5) Vibration motor embedded in Shapelock
Step 6) LED
Step 7) Decorative elements: the doll and the sunMATERIALS:
- Old clothing item to modify!
- Fabric leftovers
- Stretch conductive fabric from http://www.lessemf.com
- Conductive thread from http://www.sparkfun.com
- Fusible interfacing from local fabric store
- Velostat by 3M from http://www.lessemf.com
- 3mm thick foam
- Vibration motor
- 9V batterys
- Rainbow wire
- Shapelock from http://www.shapelock.com TOOLS:
- Hole maker
- Sewing needle
- Popper/snap machine (handheld or hammer and simple version)
- Hot water