I know WIZ550web solution for monitoring. Recently WIZwiki-W7500 platform was announced by WIZnet. So I implemented a firmware of WIZwiki-W7500 by WIZ550web SW modification because I can handle a source code easily.
You can know the status of equipment even if it is so far. Please refer to the following step.
Step 1: Prepare Materials
Please refer to the following.
1. WIZwiki-W7500 board. ( http://www.shopwiznet.com/wizwiki-7500 )
2. Mini USB cable
3. LAN cable
4. UART2USB adapter
Step 2: Hardware Connection
Please connect an USB, LAN cable and UART2USB adapter
You can get more HW info by the following site.
Step 3: Prepare Development Environment
I prepared GCC development environment by the following site.
I installed GNU Toolchain, Java JDK, Eclipse, Cygwin.
If you install all tools, you are ready for running this project.
You can use a Configuration Tool by the following temporarily.
How to use a CFG tool : http://wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php?id=products:wiz550s2e:wiz550s2epg_en#configuration_tool
WIZwiki-W7500 library source : http://wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php?id=products:w7500:library
Step 4: Software : GitHub Repository
I opened source codes of this project in GitHub.
You can download this project files. And then import project into Eclipse.
After compile, you can run WEB application of WIZwiki-W7500.
This project is open for everyone. I expect your participation to improve a quality of project.
Step 5: How to Run : Test Result
Refer to the movie of TFTP. ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5-Lf9taNOU )
1. To program FW into a target.
2. To reset a target and insert MAC address.
3. To search a target by Configuration Tool.
4. To check Host IP and Options.
5. To change IP, Gateway properly.
6. To search a target by Configuration Tool again.
7. To select "F/W Uploading".
8. To change Server IP, File Name properly.
9. To press OK.
10. To check a version of new FW through terminal program.
11. Carry out WEB operation.
Thank you for your attention.
*Tip : If you register in www.wiznetian.com and work actively, you can get a sample cheaper than E-sales as well as a free sample.