The answer to this mystery is in your kitchen drawer. Seriously. When familiar with monster-physics, a six year old kid can do the trick. So you might give it a shot. It will take you 15 minutes and no money.
But first, have a look at the video for monster physics gone bad...
Step 1: What you need
- One googley eye (hobby store, or practice your surgery skills on a doll)
3 "twist ties" that come with garbage bags (about 15 cm / 6" long)
(the plastic coated iron wires, that you wrap around a garbage bag to close it...)
- Paper, markers, scissors and some glue to make a tongue or other enhancements.
Step 2: Make a monster body
To make the legs and body:
- Picture 1: Fold two pieces of tier in a V-shape. Make a sharp fold.
- Picture 2: Slide the V-shaped tiers into each other.
- Picture 3: Twist the legs of one V-shaped tier over the other tiers legs tightly. This fixes the joint.
- Picture 4: Bend the legs down about 3 cm (1") from the joint. Your monster to be looks like a spider now.