This was the first Halloween that my daughter was able to come up with her own costume. For a while, it changed every week, then settled on "pumpkin." So, I used her pumpkin-shaped trick-or-treat bucket as a pattern to make her a wearable giant pumpkin costume. It took a couple weeks of spare time, but it turned out great.
The hat came off in about 30 seconds, and that was really the most complicated part. I'm not going to spend much time on it here, because she didn't wear it hardly at all. There are a couple notes and pictures in the last step if you are interested.
Step 2: Materials
- Orange fleece, ~2 yds (I had a remnant, it was less than 2 yds)
- 1/2" upholstery foam, ~2 yds (only used 5ft of it)
- cheap muslin, 1/2 yd would probably be more than enough (just using a few long strips of it)
- orange or red thread (doesn't really matter too much, it stays pretty well hidden)
- Black fleece, scraps
- Black bias type, 3' or so
- Black thread
- Cutting stuff (love my rotary cutter!)
- Sewing stuff (pretty much need to machine sew this)