The Wall Clip is essentially a heavy wire in flexible tubing. The key to the design is it's unique shape. This shape has 2 positions and 4 points that can be adjusted to provide a balanced, grasping action to hold your controllers. Using some muscle and guidance, you adjust and reposition the clip to fit your controller. After that you can just put the controller in and pull it out as needed.
This instructable shows you how to build, install, fit, and use a Wall Clip.
- Buy Wall Clips in 10 different colors.
- Learn more details on its use on the project page.
- See more pictures in our Wall Clip gallery.
Step 1: Get Parts, Tools, and Materials
To build a Wall Clip you will need the following:
- 1, LLDPE or LDPE plastic tube (10 in. long, 0.25 in. OD, 0.170 in. ID)
- 1, solid copper wire (#8 awg, 9.875 in. long)
- 2, vinyl end caps (1 in. long x 0.234 in. ID)
- 1, cable clamp
- 1, wall anchor
- 1, screw (#8 x 1.25 in. long)
- 1, screw cap (optional)
Tools and Materials
- 1, sch 40 PVC reducing tee (Soc, 1 in. x 1 in. x 0.75 in.)
- 1, sch 40 PVC elbow (Soc, 1 in.)
- 1, sch 40 PVC pipe (1 in. x 12 in. long)
- 1, ruler
- 1, wide-mouth clamp
- 1, sheet of wood (minimum of 0.5 in. x 6 in. x 12 in. long, unneeded if wire is straight)
- 1, wood plank (roughly 2 in. x 4 in. x 12 in. long, unneeded if wire is straight)
- 1, knife
- 1, roll masking tape
- 1, pen
- 1, pair work gloves
Be aware that safety is your responsibility. Please read our Safety Warning and Disclaimer before you start.