Introduction: Wall Hanging Ball Rack
My son has several cricket balls, footballs and basket ball. And when I open, my son's toy wardrobe, these balls fall off the shelves or mess up all toys inside
So thought to make simple wall hanging ball rack, that could hold 3 to 4 footballs/ basket balls and with tray to hold cricket balls
In this intructable, I will share, how to make one
Please vote for me
Step 1: What Do We Need ?
- Wooden strips ( 38 MM x 10MM )
- Jute Thread ( I had bought this to decorate a bottle, never got time)
- Thin Nails
- Fevicol / PVA glue
- Wood Saw
- Brown Oil paint and brush to apply
Step 2: Frame Work
- Cut 8 wooden strips for 266mm
- Make two squares as shown in pics
- On one of the squares fix 3 strips
This will be our tray to hold cricket balls
Step 3: Paint Job
- Sand the wood with 150 Grit sand paper and then with 220 grit
- Mix 1:1 ratio for oil paint and thinner, in a large container
- Brush thin layer over the wood ( It is recommended to first coat the wood with wood primer, I skipped that part.
- Leave the framework to dry for 24 to 48 hrs
Step 4: Hanging and Threading
- Using a drilling machine, drill holes on the wall
- Hang the bottom and top frames as shown
- I used jute thread, but elastic thread would be ideal
- I made simple 3 lines of thread on each sides
Step 5: Testing and Improvements
I asked my son to test the rack by placing some balls in it and then removing it.
I noticed few issues
• The balls fell over at the corner
• The top frame was stressed too much due tensions of the threads, it needed support
I tried adding an extra support to it and worked the way I wanted
• Paint the supporting stick to match the rack framework
• Replace jute thread with elastic thread or paracord
• May be add support midway to support better
Please share your comments, how I can improve this further
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.