Our gardens have only wire-mesh fences, giving little privacy. I didn’t like the idea of being able to look into next door’s garden while tending my plants, so I decided to put a screen up.
Dropped next door a note telling them what I would be doing, and why (so they didn’t think I was being stand-offish).
I punched holes into the disc – each hole had to be punched separately, so I had probs getting them more-or-less opposite each other, as can be seen from the pics! But one can just turn the disc round a bit and try again. No doubt a two-pronged punch would be much better, if one could arrange the holes the right distance.
I used plastic-covered wire to link the discs; that was all I had to hand. I tied the CDs in strips – easier to hang along the top of the fence – they’d have sagged in the middle if I’d tried stringing them in rows from side to side.
I tied each strip top and bottom to the fence – if it’d tied them a bit looser they’d have moved a bit in the breeze and I’d have had more or a rainbow.
All very basic, not very well done, but it was my first try with what equipment I had to hand. Maybe I’ll add more screens to the other fences later.