Introduction: Walnuts and Dried Apricots Cake
The recipe today is a simple cake, with walnuts and dried apricots. My uncle gave me this recipe a few weeks ago. In my opinion it's a good cake for October. It will be perfect for Halloween !
Follow these simple steps to get this cake. Hope you will enjoy it !
Step 1: Ingredients
Ok, to do this cake you will need:
- 280 gr of flour
- 120 gr of sugar
- 3 eggs
- double-cream (about three to four big tablespoons)
- cooking oil (not on the picture)
- baking powder : in France, we have small bags of 11 gr of powder. I'll use an entire bag for this recipe.
- 12 walnuts
- 12 dried apricots
Step 2: Eggs and Sugar
Mix together (with an electrical mixer) 120 gr of sugar and 3 eggs.
Step 3: Flour
Add 280 gr of flour, and mix.
Step 4: Double Cream
Add about 4 tablespoons of double cream (it's the entire box in my case. )
Step 5: Baking Powder - Rum and Oil
Use a small sieve to add the backing powder. Mix together. Add about 3 tablespoons of brown rum. Mix everything. Add about 3 tablespoons of cooking oil.
Step 6: Apricots and Walnuts
Open the walnuts, and manually cut them in small parts (break them in four).
With a knife, cut the apricots in small parts, about 1cm long.
Add them to the dough, and mix.
Here we are, the dough is ready !
Step 7: Baking !
Ok, put some butter in the mold, spread it all inside, then add a little spoon of flour inside. Shake the mold to spread the flour on the butter. This tip will prevent the cake to stick inside the mold.
Pour the dough inside the mold, then put it in the oven, 180°C for about 50 minutes. The cake will inflate !
After 50 minutes, to check if the cake is ready, you can:
- insert a knife inside. If the blade is clean (no liquid dough on it), the cake is ready.
- listen to it. Really ! Carefully listen to him (don't burn your ears !). If you can hear small bubbling, the cake is not ready yet. Put it back into the oven.
Step 8: Result
Here we are ! The cake is perfect. Unmold it, and let him cool on a grid or on a plate.
This cake is tasty, not too "dry", and is perfect with some tea or a coffee.
Enjoy it, and thanks for reading !
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.