• Hardwood (Dimensions 54 cm x 15 cm x 5cm)(Hardwood is preferable because it looks awesome and when bashing things it’s much less likely to dint)
• Decking oil (I used Cabot’s two stage decking oil just because I had some, you could use varnish with a lacquer)
• String (possibly twine)
• Wood glue
• Turps (depends on what oil you use)
• Bench or angle grinder
• A work surface that you can cut on (I used a two saw horses)
• F clamps
• Drill (and appropriate drill bit)
• Eye and hearing protection (When cutting/sanding/planering)
• Power planer (or normal plane, it’ll just take longer)
• Sander (Sand paper descending in roughness)(e.g. 80 grit, 120 grit, 160 grit)
Note- I'm sorry for the lack of good build photos, I don't think they were exactly needed because it seemed a bit straight forward
Step 1: Marking Out And Cutting
Take your desired piece of wood and mark out the rough shape of what you want with some pencil, use a ruler to keep it straight.
Cut along the lines and get a rough shape. Remmeber to keep it secure.