Introduction: Washer Pendants
NOTE: If you specifically want to make the Homestuck pendant, I have instructions here.
Making these little things is as simple or complicated as you want it to be. These pendants can be a quick and easy craft that any beginning maker can handle, or they can provide a good little challenge for someone more advanced. They're so much fun to make, I doubt I'll be stopping at just two.
I've never tried something like this before, and it was a fun experiment. I made a few minor mistakes, but I really like how it came out and will be making more stuff like this in the future. I had all the materials but the two washers that I used to make the pendant, so in the end the whole thing ended up costing me a whopping $0.30.
2 Washers (with no text printed or engraved onto them)
Sharp, pointy object (optional. I used a jackknife.)
1. Glue the two washers together, making sure to keep the nice, rounded sides of the washers on the outside of the pendant.
2. Sharpie one side of the pendant. Optional: take your sharp tool and scratch the pendant to engrave it.
3. Cover the one finished side of the pendant with a layer of mod podge. This is done because, as you will by now have figured out, the sharpie permanent marker wipes off nearly as fast as if it were made for a whiteboard.
4. Color in the outside rim of the pendant. Stick your finger up the hole in the middle of the pendant and mod podge the outside rim. Wipe off any mod podge that has gotten onto the top or bottom of the pendant. Hopefully it'll dry quickly, because you can't really put the pendant down until it does. When this is dry, Color the inside rim.
5. Repeat step 4, just this time hold the pendant by the outside while it dries.
6. Repeat steps 2-3 on the back of the pendant.
8. Touch up any last (fixable) imperfections with sharpie and add one more coat of mod podge.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.