Introduction: Washi Tape Bracelets (+Decorating Ideas)
You will need:
- 1 empty water bottle, preferably shaped plainly like the one shown
- Solid-colored masking tape
- A few patterns of washi tape
Remove the cap and wrapper from the bottle and discard.
Squish the bottle flat near the top so you can cut the top off. You may discard the top or keep it to use as a funnel.
Cut all the way down the side and cut the bottom off. Discard the bottom piece.
Cut the remaining piece into two or more bracelets, depending on how thick you want them.
Cover the entire bracelet with masking tape. Make sure you have covered all of the edges and there aren't any large lumps.
Make your design. Here, I did simple stripes, but you could do diagonal stripes or all different directions.
Step 7: Tips
- Coat with clear nail polish or shellac to prevent damage
- Use a toilet paper or paper towel roll instead of a water bottle
- Embellish with glitter, stickers, ribbon, buttons, etc
- When doing this craft with children:
- Have bracelet bases already cut
- Give them a limited amount of tape, or use only masking tape
- Provide stickers and/or markers to decorate
Step 8: Decorating Ideas
I have decorated with washi tape:
- Around the edge of a dry-erase board
- On the side of a shelf
- Criss-crossed across a bulletin board