This rocket project is suitable for ages 8 and up with adult supervision, and should take less than 20 minutes to build.
• Never launch your rocket in a busy area, an empty field is a good place.
• Never attempt to retrieve a rocket which has landed in power lines or in another dangerous situation.
• Never launch your rocket in any direction but straight up.
• Never over pressurize your rocket, follow the pressurization instructions of your launcher.
• The writers of these instructions assume no liability for your safety, please use common sense and caution when launching a rocket.
Step 1: Materials and Tools for Instructions
Materials for Construction
• 1 liter plastic bottle
• 2 manila file folders
• 1 roll of clear packaging tape
• 1 rocket printout, found in Step 3
Tools for Construction
• scissors--WARNING never use scissors without adult supervision.
• a microwave or stove to heat water--WARNING never use kitchen appliances without adult supervision. Never leave your stove or microwave unattended while running. Use caution when handling hot water.