This rocket project is suitable for ages 8 and up with adult supervision, and should take less than 20 minutes to build.
• Never launch your rocket in a busy area, an empty field is a good place.
• Never attempt to retrieve a rocket which has landed in power lines or in another dangerous situation.
• Never launch your rocket in any direction but straight up.
• Never over pressurize your rocket, follow the pressurization instructions of your launcher.
• The writers of these instructions assume no liability for your safety, please use common sense and caution when launching a rocket.
Step 1: Materials and Tools for Instructions
Materials for Construction
• 1 liter plastic bottle
• 2 manila file folders
• 1 roll of clear packaging tape
• 1 rocket printout, found in Step 3
Tools for Construction
• scissors--WARNING never use scissors without adult supervision.
• a microwave or stove to heat water--WARNING never use kitchen appliances without adult supervision. Never leave your stove or microwave unattended while running. Use caution when handling hot water.
Step 2: Prepare the Bottle
You can do this by drinking the contents or emptying it out in a sink.
Part B: Peel the label of the bottle.
If pealing the label is difficult, fill the bottle with hot but not boiling water. Allow to stand for three minutes, then peel off the label. Drain the water and allow the bottle to cool.