- Old inner tube from a bicycle
- some sew on hook and loop strips (velcro)
- 4 pop rivets and washers (I used 4mm dia)
- Sewing machine
- 4 mm drill bit
- pop rivet gun
Step 1: Prepare the Straps
- Take the inner tube, measure off an appropriate length to go up the side of your water dispenser (from the main body) and across the top of the water bottle.
- Slice the inner tube into two strips where the inner tube has a natural crease.
- Sew the two sides of the velcro hook and loop strips to the appropriate side of the inner tube - you may have to increase the tension of the top thread on your sewing machine.
- If you want a consistent look to the rubber when it is strapped to your dispenser, make sure that when you are sewing the hooks and loops on, you sew them on the correct sides of the tube.
Step 2: Prepare the Dispenser
Step 3: Assemble
- Double the end of the inner tube back on itself. Push your pop rivets through the rubber - you will probably want to use the bradawl to make a hole first.
- I added a washer between the rubber layers to help distribute the load - don't know if that is strictly necessary....
- use the pop rivet gun to pop the rivets.
- Do the same both sides and, if all has gone to plan, you can now stretch the rubber straps slightly and use the velcro to securely hold in your water bottle