With Instructables you can share what you make with the world and tap into an ever-growing community of creative experts.
share what you made with text, photos, video, and files
gather your favorite instructables together
Imagine your stranded on an island in the middle of the ocean and you need clean drinking water .... well have i got something for you actually ev...
1. Scavenge through your cupboards to find a semi large bowl
1. Add several cups of water to the bowl
1. Obtain some food coloring 2. Add it to the water
1. Acquire some salt 2. Add it to the mixture of food coloring and
1. Next you will need a mug or cup smaller than the bowl of your choice 2. Insert the cup into the bowl as shown in the pictures
Then you will need a large sheet of saran wrap wrap it around the pan *loosely*
You may want to use a rubber band to hold it on but make sure it slightly sagging in the middle
Now all that you have to do is add some weight to the plastic to keep the inverted cone shape
Now all thats left is to set it in the sun and to wait
The water purification process takes some time depending how much water was used but it should not take more than a few hours for a big batch how ...
Download our new apps for iOS, Android and Windows 8!
© 2014 Autodesk, Inc.
By clicking "Create Account" you are indicating that you have read and agree to the Terms of service.
Already a member? Login »
Enter the email associated with your account and we will send you your username and a temporary password.
Not a member? Sign Up »