Introduction: Water Bottle Rocket
This Instructable tells you how to create a rocket out of a water bottle and other household items. this requires some knowledge in carving but you don't need to know much. So follow the steps and have fun.
I wont guarantee it will fly. Any injuries will be your problem not mine!
Step 1: Get Your Materials
What you will need is...
1. one water bottle with cap
2. two thin pieces of wood or two business cards
3. one cork
4. duck tape
5. one Estes C6-5 rocket engine
6. Estes electron beam rocket launcher
7. Estes fuse
9. Estes launch pad
the tools you will need is...
1. a hot glue gun but you could use tape
2. a hobby knife
3. if you want a soldering gun
Step 2: Make the Place Where the Engine Will Go
In this step melt or cut a hole in the bottom of the water bottle make sure to make it large enough to fit the rocket engine firmly in the bottle.
Step 3: Make the Fin Slots
This step you have to cut a line near the bottom of the bottle make it long enough to fit a fin that you will make later.
Step 4: Cut the Fins
This is the step where you make the fins cut it so it forms a triangle with one right angle in it.
Step 5: Attach the Fins
Now take your fins and put them in the slots that you made and take the surrounding plastic and move it towards the find you can also use a hot glue gun for this.
Step 6: Carve the Cone
Now take you knife and get carving take your cork and carve it into a cone.
Step 7: Build the Cone
Make a large hole in the cap and put the cork in the middle make sure its very firm.
Step 8: Attach the Cone
Now take your cap and either screw it on the bottle or tape it on.
Step 9: Put the Engine in the Rocket
For this step put your rocket engine into the hole at the bottom of the bottle.
Step 10: Attach the Guide Tube
In this step cut a straw and tape it to the side of the bottle.
Step 11: Launch the Rocket
This is the step where you launch the rocket
1. put the fuse in the engine.
2. put the little tab in the part where the fuse is
3. attach the rocket launcher clips where the two fuse wires stick out
4. put you rocket on the launch pad and the straw over the stick.
5. go into a field and launch the rocket.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.