Introduction: Watermelon Bowls DIY
Turn simple glass bowls into fun watermelon bowls for the summer with dishwasher safe paint!
Step 1: See the Quick Video Tuturial Here!
Step 2: Stuff You'll Need
Americana Gloss Enamels in Foliage Green, Black, True Red, Dark Green and White
Paint brushes (I like the fine hair brushes when painting on glass)
Glass bowls in different sizes
Step 3: Here's How
1. Clean the outside of the bowl with rubbing alcohol
2. Paint a line of dark green around the edge of the bowl about 1/4" wide *Dab the edges so it's a fuzzy line, not a clean, sharp line
3. Paint seeds with black
4. & 5. Paint a 3/4" wide fuzzy white line above the green fuzzy line overlapping them slightly
6. Mix the True Red and White to create a dark pink and paint 2 coats over the seeds up to the white line
7. Next paint over the entire bowl with white and let dry
8. & 9. Paint part of the bowl with the Foliage Green
10. While still wet, paint the rind stripes with the Dark Green *Thin at the center of the bowl and getting wider as you reach the rim
11. Touch up until it looks like a watermelon rind
12. Follow the instructions for curing and baking on the Gloss Enamels packaging
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.