Watermelon Chickpeas Salad is the perfect Summer Salad. Its very healthy and stomach filling dish.While I was making it, I had a doubt " Does watermelon go well with chickpeas ?". Actually It does. The combination of chickpeas, watermelon and lemon juice was so great. My hubby likes it lot :) .If you want some spicy flavor, add few pinch of chili flakes in it.
Step 1: Ingredients
Watermelon - 1 cup
Chickpeas - 1/2 cup
Purple onion - 2
Tomato - 1
Cilantro - 1/2 cup
Lemon - 1/2
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Step 2: Cook Chickpeas
1. Soak chickpeas in water for 4 hours or overnight and drain the water.
2. Cook chickpeas with salt and enough water in pressure cooker upto 3 whistle.
3. Remove it from the flame. Once the pressure settle down, open the lid and drain the water. Keep the chickpeas aside.
Step 3: Chop the Ingredients
1. Chop all the ingredients and set aside.
Step 4: Mix All
1. Take chickpeas and add all the chopped ingredients. Squeeze lemon juice on it and toss well.