Why not put a twist on the old fruit platter, and dress it up like a pizza?
When eating watermelon one summer day, I realized a slice looked not too far off from a pizza bun covered in tomato sauce - and thus the idea for watermelon dessert "pizza" was born.
With your toppings on hand, this should take no more than a few minutes for each "pizza".
Step 1: Ingredients
The base of the "pizza", aka. the bun with tomato sauce is a single slice of watermelon. Choose your own toppings. Experiment. Go crazy.
Here are some ideas:
- galia or honeydew melon, cut into circles (slices of mozzarella cheese)
- green or blue grapes (olives)
- strawberries (pepperoni or other sausage)
- green or yellow apple, shredded (shredded cheese)
- green kiwi (fresh herbs, pesto)