Introduction: Watermelon Smoothie
I promise this will be the best watermelon smoothie you've ever had in your life. Just follow my super-simple recipe, and give it your own personal flavor tweaks.
Here's what you do:
- Cut a cold watermelon into chunks, removing seeds if necessary - enough to fill up your blender.
- Blend on high until the watermelon is thoroughly juiced.
- Add a pinch of salt (about 1/8 teaspoon)
- Add a few shakes of cardamom (or allspice, cinnamon, or your favorite spice - again about 1/8 teaspoon)
- Add 1 tablespoon of Bailey's or other Irish Cream. (optional*, or to taste)
- Blend on high again until everything is thoroughly mixed.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary. You want enough salt and Bailey's to bring out flavors but not be noticeable on their own, and enough cardamom that you can taste it without being overwhelmed.
Serve immediately, or store in the fridge. This drink is best served cold, on a nice hot day. If you've stored it in the fridge, be sure to shake before serving as it tends to separate.
Enjoy! You can also use this same base recipe with cantaloupes, honeydew, and most other melons - it's insanely good. Give it a try, and tell me if this isn't the best melon smoothie you've ever had.
*The goal is to add enough Irish Cream to bring out alcohol and fat-soluble flavors, but not be noticed or provide any appreciable quantity of alcohol to the mix. Think of it like adding a dash of vanilla or other extract. Of course, if you want a boozy version, just up the quantity of Irish Cream - it will probably be awesome.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.