- Measure temperature (accuracy +/- 0,5 degree Kelvin)
- Measure barometric air pressure (+/- 0,1 Pascal)
- Display measured values on a LCD on demand by pressing a button
- Arduino Uno board as controller unit
- 16x2 LCD for data output
- BMP085 Sparkfun breakout board as sensor unit for barometric pressure and temperature
In order to build this device some experience with soldering is required. Especially the wiring of the LCD and the Sparkfun break-out need to be soldered carefully.
Experience with Arduino Boards is also required and some C-Programming is needed should you want to modify the sources provided or if you have only different components available.
In order to run the Weather Monitor you have to build up the following components:
- A Sensor Box for the barometric/temperature sensor
- A Control Box containing the arduino board, the LCD and connects to the sensor box
- The Arduino control software which controls the operation of the system
Step 1: Required Components
- Microcontroller Board: Ardino Uno R3
- LCD: Gleichmann GE-C1602B-TFH-JT/R
- Barometric & Temperature Sensor: Bosch BMP085
- Power Supply: Energiespar-Steckernetzteil USPS-600, Voltcraft
- Housing: Spelsberg TK Kunststoffgehäuse 180 x 94 x 57 mm plus Montageplatte
- Illuminated Push-Button: SCI Drucktaster 250 V/AC 0,5 A beleuchtet R13-529ALBL 1x Aus/(Ein)
- Status LED: Duo-LED 5 mm CQX 95 / WU-1-91EWG Rot, Grün 60 ° Gehäuseart 5 mm 90/70 mcd
Depending on your preferred method to connect the components you may need additional wiring or a breadboard.