Introduction: Weather Station and LCD
The following project consists in present them data received of the station weather and the weather shield, in a LCD 16 x 2.
The weather station presents Rain,Temperature, Moisture, Pressure, Brightness level, Speed and wind direction of the last 5 seconds.
Step 1: Materials
1) Weather Station Sparkfun
2) Weather Shield Sparkfun
5) Resistor 10k
6) LCD 16x2
Step 2: WIRING and Circuit
1) Put the Weather Shield on the Arduino
2) Communicate the weather shield to LCD:
* LCD RS to digital pin 12 pin
* LCD Enable pin to digital pin 11
* LCD D4 pin to digital pin 5
* LCD D5 digital to pin 4 pin
* LCD D6 pin to digital pin 6
* LCD D7 pin to digital pin 9
* LCD r/w pin to ground
* LCD VSS pin to ground
* LCD VCC to 5V pin
* 10K resistor: Ends to + 5V and ground, and wiper to LCD VO pin (pin 3)
3) Connect the RJ11 connectors from the weather station to the weather shield.
Step 3: Programming
Deputy my code.
Step 4: Build Housing
You can get a box or even print it in 3D, I opted to use a recycling box.
1)Measure with a ruler the holes to enter the LCD and jumpers
2) Using a cutter or scissors, make cuts
3) Insert the cables and LCD in the holes
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.