***It's Perfect for long car rides, a lazy sunday or a fun craft to teach your children.
Step 1: Materials
1.Any color roll of yarn (I always find yarn at the thrift store)
2. Cotton Clothesline from dollar store $2 for 100ft
4. A large needle-I use a plastic needle.
Step 2: Step One - Cutting Yarn
Too much yarn and it will tangle and knot on you as you weave the cord.
Step 3: Step Two-Starting the basket base
2. I wrap about an inch of yarn on the cord.
3. I start to bend the end in, to curl it.
4. In the last picture I am securing the cord together.
Step 4: Step Three-Attaching the Cord
2. In my left hand I hold the cord that is wrapped in a coil.
3. I take the needle from the bottom in between the 2 cords
4. Pull needle thru and continue wrapping around cord.
5. I wrap the yarn around the cord 7 times then I use the needle and secure the cord... etc...
** Wrapping number depends on you and what style you like. Sometimes I wrap 10 then secure.
6. Picture 6 Shows my completed base.
*** size depends on what you like. I am making a small basket to hold small items.