At this point, we were excited to have working LED matrices, knew the info ticker would be housed in our TV cabinet drawer, and didn't want to get bogged down building an elaborate case or mounting system. So, we went the quick and dirty route.
To build our base we...
- Hack sawed a piece of scrap wood from our closet to length
- Cut a groove down the length of the wood to at least partially hold the matrices
- Sawed a triangle off another piece of scrap wood
- Secured the triangle support to the base with an upholstery tack
- Secured the matrices to the triangle support with an upholstery tack through one of it's mounting holes