You will never cook one in the oven again!
2. Place a ½ size steam table aluminum pan in the center of the grill. Point the long side of the pan toward the front or single leg of the kettle.
3. Add charcoal to the both sides of the kettle pot. Stack the briquettes from the edge of the aluminum pan to the side and up to the height of the top grill rack.
2. Light the charcoal and wait until briquettes are white ash color.
2. Use the brand of your choice. I have had great success over the years with HoneySuckle White fresh birds.
3. I also never cook birds bigger than 15 lbs using this method. If more is needed I cook 2 separate birds. Cooking time is only 1 hr 45 min. to 2 hr max. to bring the turkey up to 160 degrees.
4. Unwrap bird, remove all extra parts, giblets, and neck. Undo the plastic piece that holds the legs down and discard.
2. Add the seasonings.
3. Then lightly coat with coating spray over the top of seasonings.
2. Repeat the seasoning process on the breast , wings, and drumsticks.
2. Coat one side of each with cooking spray.
3. Wrap the coated side around each of the wings. This prevents burning, while hanging over the coals.